Submitting a Public Records Request
Public records requests must be made in writing, and include the requestor’s first and last name, contact information, a detailed description of the records being requested, and (if applicable) the name of the organization or entity the requestor is representing. Submit a public records request to:
Public Records Coordinator
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 965
Portland, OR 97232
Please note: The records you are seeking may already be available on our website – DOGAMI recently made all maps, reports, and data available for download in our Publications Center
. Some State of Oregon records are also available on the Oregon Transparency
Responding to Public Records Requests
DOGAMI responds to public records requests as soon as practicable and without unreasonable delay. Within three business days of making the request, you will receive confirmation that the request has been received. The Public Records Coordinator will further communicate with you regarding status of the request, any fees required, and whether additional information is needed.
Oregon Public Records Law allows state agencies to recover their actual costs in fulfilling public records requests. If the estimated fee is greater than $20.00, DOGAMI will provide the requestor with written notice of the estimated amount of the fee. The request will not be fulfilled until the requestor confirms in writing that they want to proceed with the request, and pays the estimated cost. Note: Certain public records requests may cover years of potentially responsive records. We will work with requestors to focus requests to minimize response time and costs.
- Standard Copies: $0.15 per page with a minimum charge of $1.00.
- Labor Charges: at least $20.00 per hour per person at the discretion of the appropriate supervisor
- Copying of available data, records, or publications electronically for the public will be charged at the minimum rate of $10.00 per disk copied or as otherwise priced, based upon staff time involved.
- Reproduction using agency equipment by agency personnel of library Open-file Reports or maps from a disk or digital format will carry a minimum charge of $50.00 to recover costs.
- The department may assess a charge based on the actual cost of labor and materials if the actual costs are significantly greater than the minimum charges or rates established by administrative rule.
Policies and Statutes