Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
State lodging tax

Alert: Changes to state lodging tax effective October 7, 2013The passage of House Bill 2656 by the 2013 Legislature resulted in changes to state lodging tax. See links below for more information:

Federal government employees

We do not require federal employees traveling on official business to provide exemption certificates. Your federal government identification is all that is required to receive the exemption from the Oregon state lodging tax.

Important information

The 2014 state lodging tax returns are now available online.
The forms are easy to complete and will calculate your totals.

You must register with the Department of Revenue to receive a valid Oregon Business Identification Number before filing and paying this tax. The BIN is a unique Oregon tax identification number. It is not your Oregon Business Registry Number, Social Security number, or FEIN (federal ID number). See registration form for mailing and faxing information.
If you do not know your BIN, call 1-800-356-4222 (toll-free from an Oregon prefix) or 503-945-8123
(Salem and outside Oregon).
For more information, including "Who must pay this tax," see lodging tax FAQ.

Payment options

Additional payment option now available
You may now pay state lodging tax using a credit or debit card. Read more about electronic payment options.


report icon Reports
Download the state lodging tax statistical report
binoculars icon
Questions?Visit the state lodging tax questions and answers page
printer icon
Download and PrintState lodging tax brochure
Zip code/region directory
forms icon
FormsState lodging tax forms
books icon

Statutes and RulesOregon Revised Statutes (ORS)
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR)

flag icon
Oregon Tourism State lodging tax is used to promote tourism in Oregon, learn more on Travel Oregon.com
InformationGet up-to-date lodging tax information by subscribing to state lodging tax news provided by the Oregon Department of Revenue Business Division. For questions about list content or subscription problems contact Doneva.a.Miletta@oregon.gov.

Contact information

Lodging tax unit e-mail:
Lodging tax unit phone numbers:
Fax number: 503-947-2255.
Tax services general information phone number: 503-378-4988 (Salem) or 1-800-356-4222 (toll free from an Oregon prefix).