REMARKS AS PREPARED
JULY 30, 2015
• Thank you Drive Oregon for hosting this conference, and to everyone who has traveled to Oregon to participate. Welcome to our great state!
• Oregon is a pioneer in sustainable development. We are known for our innovative transportation strategies, land use policies, sustainability, and livability.
• We believe that you can support both economic development and the environment at the same time.
• Today – with the development of electric vehicle infrastructure - we are celebrating that belief.
• Currently, we are working with our partners in California, Washington, and British Columbia toward our goal of having 10 percent of all new fleet vehicle purchases be electric vehicles by 2016.
• Last year’s EV Roadmap Conference launched the West Coast Electric Fleets initiative. Today, I am pleased to announce that more than 20 public fleets have joined the effort. That includes the State of Oregon; Lane County; and the cities of Portland and Ashland.
• Oregon is the ideal place to test-drive the future of the 21st-century transportation infrastructure. How we get from one place to another matters. I look forward to working with you to keep Oregon a special place to live, work and play.
• As you gather this week, I hope this conference inspires collaboration and innovation so that your important work benefits our entire country.
• Thank you and good luck.