REMARKS AS PREPARED
• We did this together — it took a lot of small contributions to make it happen. This amazing accomplishment demonstrates what happens when Oregonians pull together: Eighty-seven percent of the $1 billion raised came from inside the state. Thank you, Oregon!
• Under Dr. Druker’s leadership, OHSU has a team we can trust — that’s why there was such strong support among legislators for the $200 million provided by Oregon taxpayers.
• OHSU’s achievement benefits all Oregonians through increased access to clinical trials and statewide education and outreach.
• It also continues to put Oregon on the map of places that are on the front lines of medicine and healthcare innovation.
• Ultimately, however, this is about the very personal matter of curing cancer – and discovering it before it is lethal.
• This is about creating more survivors. There is hardly anyone in Oregon whose life has not been personally affected in some way by this insidious disease.
• Today I am proud to stand with you, and with Dr. Druker and Oregon Health and Science University, in our fight to beat cancer.