Governor's Natural Resources Office (GNRO)
The Governor's Natural Resources Office (GNRO) provides
policy analysis and advice to the Governor's Office. We work with more than a
dozen state natural resource agencies to implement the Governor's natural
resource and environmental agenda, and to assist state departments in managing
issues and advancing their budget requests and legislative proposals to the
GNRO carries out Governor Kate Brown's natural resource and
environmental agenda in several ways:
- We provide the Governor with policy analysis and advice.
- We work with more than a dozen state natural-resource
agencies to realize the Governor's goals and provide leadership on issues often
involving multiple agencies, where coordination of policies, interests,
and authorities is essential.
- We assist state natural-resource agencies in their issue and
budget dealings with the Legislature.
- We serve as a liaison between the Governor and tribes,
regional state administrations, local governments, federal agencies, and
Oregon's congressional delegation on matters affecting natural resources and
- We act as a front-line point of contact for Oregon's
citizens, businesses, organizations, and local communities who want to express
concerns or opinions about natural resource management and environmental