2019 Oregon GED® Program Summit
The 2019 Oregon GED® Program Summit had a central goal: to bring together GED® test educators, administrators, testing center staff and students. Our goal was to mobilize the energy, talent, training, knowledge, wisdom, expertise and experience of the high school equivalency education experts to expand access to quality GED® test education and support services to GED® test students.
We are very pleased with the results!
Summit presentations and handouts that have been provided to Oregon GED® Program are linked below. We will continue to update this page as materials become available.
2019 Oregon GED® Program Summit Presentations and Handouts
- GED Testing Services, Scott Salesses
En Español: Recursos Utilizados en el Programa HEP, Salvador Ramos-Rodriquez
- Mental Health and Foster Care Impact on GED® Student Retention and Transition, Nathaniel Brown, MSW, Ph.D.
- The Ins and Outs of the Oregon Promise Program, Amy Holland
- From Inmate to Educational Consultant: Sharing What I Learned, James Wantz
- Promising Practices for ABS Student Persistence and Completion, Judy Alamprese
- Creating an Inviting and Efficient Test Center, Holly Hooge
- What GED® Test Educators Need to Know about the New OACCRS, Melody Abarca-Millan
- Teen Empowerment to Success, Tera Alcaraz
- It's Never Too Late to Learn to Read: Help for Adults with Dyslexia, Betsy Ramsey
- Plenary Speaker, Travis Stovall