2015 Legislative Session Resources
During each legislative session, the HECC presents to legislative committees and advises the Oregon Legislature, Governor, and Chief Education Office on topics of critical concern to Oregon higher education, working in close collaboration with campus leaders and partners.
This Legislative Report provides an overview of a selection of key legislative investments and bills approved during Oregon’s 2015 Legislative Session, including approved bills, an overview of the 2015-17 biennial budget, and an appendix with historical budget information:
Additional summaries of featured legislative work can be found in the HECC Collaborations e-newsletter.
Updates and Testimony
HECC presented to the 2015 Legislature policy proposals and budget recommendations focused on investing resources to maximize student success, increasing postsecondary affordability, improving pathways to and within postsecondary institutions, and connecting job-seekers with employment.
Staff updates to the Commission:
HECC staff regularly update the Commission on legislative activity at its public meetings:
Higher education budget presentation materials, presented to the Joint Committee, Ways and Means, Subcommittee on Education, March-April 2015:
- HECC Overview: Progress toward state goals, key priorities for student success, budget overview and funding history
- Affordability: The affordability challenge, strategic priorities, and program
- Postsecondary Pathways and Transitions: Pre-college outreach, community college to university transitions, workforce to postsecondary education transitions
- Workforce: Investments to Connect Job Seekers with Employment
- Introduction to Oregon's 17 Community Colleges, Community College Support Fund
- Introduction to Oregon's 7 Public Universities, Public University Support Fund, Diverse Missions, Research, Capital, Public and Statewide Programs, OHSU
- Private Postsecondary, and HECC: A Streamlined and Integrated Postsecondary Agency