Salem, OR—Governor Kate Brown today finalized membership of the Child Welfare Oversight Board. The Board, which begins meeting next week, will advise the Governor on her direction of the Department of Human Services (DHS) in addressing immediate issues in the child welfare system.
"These individuals bring deep experience and expertise in the child welfare system and state agency operations," said Governor Brown. "I appreciate their willingness to step up quickly to help the state better serve our most vulnerable children and families."
• Judge Nan Waller, Multnomah County Circuit Court
• Dr. David Sanders, executive vice president of systems
improvement, Casey Family Programs
• Leslie Sutton, policy director, Oregon Council on Developmental
• Joe McFerrin II, president/CEO of Portland Opportunities
Industrialization Center and Rosemary Anderson High School
• Dr. Ajit Jetmalani, director of OHSU's Division of Child and
• Matt Garrett, director of the Oregon Department of
• Patrick Allen, director of the Oregon Health Authority
• Dr. Sarah Kastelic, executive director, National Indian Child
• Rosanne Scott, DHS child welfare case worker, Multnomah
Governor Brown will lead biweekly meetings of the board starting next week. For more information, see Executive Order 19-03