Certified weed free hay, straw, and is in high demand in Oregon and throughout the western states. The Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Weed Free Forage & Gravel Program, as part of an integrated weed management approach, helps limit the spread of noxious weeds and protect Oregon agriculture. The ODA follows the standards set by the North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA).
- Inspection fees: $60.00 per hour (4 hour minimum) or $3.00 per acre, whichever is greater
- Mileage fees: Inspector's travel will be charged at the current official state mileage rate
- Application fee: $25 for each field, non-refundable
Forage participation process
- Submit a completed weed free certification application at least 20 days prior to harvest.
- The grower will be contacted by ODA staff to set a date for a field inspection.
- Each cutting will require a separate inspection.
Gravel participation process
- Submit a completed weed free certification application.
- The responsible party will be contacted by ODA staff to set a date for an inspection.
- Certification is good for one year.
Order NAWMA colored twine
After your field is certified, you may order North American Weed Management Association (NAWMA) purple and yellow twine from Continental Western Corporation (CWC). CWC will contact ODA to confirm your eligibility to purchase twine for the amount requested.
For twine orders, contact:
Kelly Dougherty, Sales, Continental Western Corporation
12021 NE Erin Way
Portland, OR 97220
Weed free forage & gravel providers
Click here to view this map in full screen.