Parent Assessment Literacy
ODE worked with partners at the University of Oregon at Behavioral Research & Teaching, and education and community partners, to develop parent assessment literacy training modules. The modules address five questions that research suggests parents are most interested in knowing, including:
1) How does ODE make sure that our statewide summative assessments are fair and accessible?
2) What assessments does my child take and what are the purposes for each?
3) How did my child do on the state assessments?
4) How can I support learning at home? and,
5) Where do I go if I have questions about assessment?
Each set of modules includes the following set of resources, which are available in both English and Spanish:
- Key Concepts to read in advance of viewing the video to better understand the training video content
- The relevant Training Video
- A script of the dialogue that occurs in each video.
The modules were developed with a focus on the diverse representation of Oregon parents and families. We hope that you find these training modules useful and informative.
For more information, please contact