2019 Title I-A Regional Trainings Information Materials
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) invites you to attend the Title I-A Regional Trainings for the 2019-2020 school year. These regional trainings will be held at eleven ESD locations, combining ESD regions, with one ESD hosting their own and neighboring districts. We are not able to travel to every ESD region, but hope that by being available in regions spread out across the state we can minimize travel time and costs for most districts.
Register for the 2019-2020 Title I-A Regional Trainings
A team of ODE staff will facilitate work sessions for district teams to learn about the requirements of federal programs with a focus on the Title I-A school level plan and budget narrative. Each session will also cover how federal funds can work in a coordinated way to meet identified student needs and support activities that improve outcomes for all students. The session will provide opportunities for networking across districts and consultations with ODE staff. A presentation will be conducted in the morning followed by individual consultation sessions in the afternoon.
The schedule for each session will be:
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Presentation/Interactive Session
- 12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch (On your own)
- 1:00 - 5:00 PM Individual District Consultations with ODE
Locations and Dates
- August 27, 2019: Malheur ESD
- September 4, 2019: Multnomah ESD
- September 5, 2019: InterMountain ESD
- September 10, 2019: Southern Oregon ESD
- September 11, 2019: Douglas ESD
- September 17, 2019: Northwest Regional ESD
- September 19, 2019: Linn Benton Lincoln ESD
- September 26, 2019: Willamette ESD
- October 2, 2019: Lane ESD
- October 3, 2019: South Coast ESD
- October 24, 2019: High Desert ESD
Items to bring:
- Relevant district materials
Who should attend?
District administrators, federal programs coordinators, and business directors.
- Develop a shared understanding of federal programs requirements, specifically Title I-A.
- Develop an understanding of how federal funds can support different activities and be leveraged to maximize flexibility.
- Apply learning to local district planning for use of federal funds to support identified needs and priorities.
- Develop an understanding of Title I-A Plan and Budget Narrative changes for 2019-2020.