The dyslexia training grants were awarded in the Spring of 2018 to help districts offset the costs associated with completing the required dyslexia training in the 2017-2019 biennium. The award per K-5 school was$2729.89.
To claim a reimbursement for dyslexia training, districts will need to submit the following deliverables:
- The name, position, and contact information for each teacher who completed the training;
- Certificates of completion from the training for each teacher;
- A completed online survey by each trained teacher;
- Participation of each trained teacher in a virtual Dyslexia Group on the Oregon Educator Network (OEN); and
- Documentation of costs incurred for the training.
Charter schools that chose to participate in the training grants must also notify the charter’s district of participation in the dyslexia training.
To submit a reimbursement claim, districts must first complete the Dyslexia Training Grants Reimbursement Form. Completed reimbursement forms along with electronic copies of the Certificates of Completion for each teacher should be emailed to Carrie Thomas Beck to process.
Teacher survey completion and OEN membership status will be verified by the Department upon receipt of the reimbursement form. Districts can then enter the claim into EGMS.
The deadline for districts to submit reimbursement claims has been extended to September 30, 2019.
For more information, see the Dyslexia Training Grants Q&A.