The dyslexia training grant awards have been entered into the Electronic Grant Management System (EGMS). Notification of the grant awards will go out to districts through EGMS the last week of February 2018. The award per K-5 school is $2523.24.
To claim a reimbursement for dyslexia training, districts will need to submit the following deliverables:
- The name, position, and contact information for each teacher who completed the training;
- Certificates of completion from the training for each teacher;
- A completed online survey by each trained teacher;
- Participation of each trained teacher in a virtual Dyslexia Group on the Oregon Educator Network (OEN); and
- Documentation of costs incurred for the training.
Charter schools that chose to participate in the training grants must also notify the charter’s district of participation in the dyslexia training.
To submit a reimbursement claim, districts must complete the Dyslexia Training Grants Reimbursement Form. Completed reimbursement forms along with electronic copies of the Certificates of Completion for each teacher should be emailed to Carrie Thomas Beck to process.
The grant period runs the full biennium:
- Claims must be submitted by 08/15/18 for trainings that occurred between July 1, 2017 and July 1, 2018.
- Claims must be submitted by 08/14/19 for trainings that occurred between July 2, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
For more information, see the Dyslexia Training Grants Q&A.