School Wellness Award
If you believe, your school has established and deserves to be recognized for the healthy, active culture for learners and staff in-person, and/or comprehensive distance learning, complete the following application and submit it, with the supporting documents, BY January 31, 2022.
Use each question to describe your school's progress in implementing and/or exceeding your district's wellness policy over the last 18 months and highlight what makes your school shine! Assemble a team of school wellness champions, including your school nutrition director, to help complete this application.
The best applications are completed with collaboration and data from staff and school community members. If a full team cannot be assembled, please get input from at least 2-3 people. Before starting your application, check to make sure you meet the minimum qualifications and gather the required supplemental items listed below.
The following materials are required:
- Schools must participate in at least one of the following: School Breakfast Program, National School Lunch Program, Summer Food Service Program or Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Only schools that have not previously received the School Wellness Award may apply.
- Your district must have a board-adopted local wellness policy.
(Printable version of the School Wellness Award Application)
- District Local Wellness Policy
- A roster of wellness committee or SHAC members
Winning schools serve as examples for others across the state. Wellness work should inspire and be replicable for other schools in Oregon.