Spanish / Español
November 14, 2019
What: Subcommittees of the 2020-2024 State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) are tasked with identifying strategies and measures, and developing work plans for implementing the SHIP. Each of the five subcommittees is focused on one of the following priority areas:
- Access to equitable preventive health care.
- Adversity, trauma and toxic stress.
- Behavioral health.
Economic drivers of health.
Agenda: Continue identifying key indicators and exploring possible strategies.
Where: All meetings are held at the Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St., Portland. Meetings are also available remotely. For remote meeting attendance, visit the subcommittee meeting page:
- Institutional Bias Subcommittee: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m. to noon, Room 915.
- Behavioral Health Subcommittee: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2-4 p.m., Room 900.
- Economic Drivers of Health Subcommittee: Friday, Nov. 22, 1-3 p.m., Room 900.
- Access to Equitable Preventive Health Care Subcommittee: Monday, Nov. 25, 1-3 p.m., Room 900.
- Adversity, Trauma and Toxic Stress Subcommittee: Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2-4 p.m., Room 900.
All meetings are open to the public. A five-minute public comment period will be held near the end of each meeting; comments are limited to one minute.
Background: Oregon’s SHIP identifies interventions and strategies to address health-related priorities in the state. The SHIP serves as a basis for taking collective action with cross-sector partners to improve the heath of people in Oregon. The SHIP is based on findings of the State Health Assessment.
Program contact: Christy Hudson, 971-678-4347, Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
Everyone has a right to know about and use Oregon Health Authority (OHA) programs and services. OHA provides free help. Some examples of the free help OHA can provide are:
- Sign language and spoken language interpreters
- Written materials in other languages
- Large print
- Audio and other formats
If you need help or have questions, please contact Catherine Moyer at 971-673-1132, Catherine.email@example.com, at least 48 hours before the meeting.