What: The second public meeting of the PartnerSHIP, tasked with developing the 2020-2024 State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP)
Agenda: Brainstorm potential strategic issues for the next SHIP, develop understanding of why an issue is strategic, and identify strategic issues for community prioritization process.
When: Thursday, October 11, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The meeting is open to the public. A 10-minute public comment period will be held at approximately 12:30 p.m.; comments are limited to three minutes.
Where: Portland State Office Building, 800 NE Oregon St., Portland, Room 918. The meeting is also available by webinar: https://meet.dhsoha.state.or.us/julia.a.hakes/CMG95LVJ?sl=1.
Background: Oregon’s State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP) identifies interventions and strategies to address health related priorities in our state. The SHIP serves as a basis for taking collective action with cross-sector partners to improve heath in our state. The SHIP will be based off of findings from the State Health Assessment.
- Health departments are required to develop and implement a health improvement plan at least once every five years.
- The Public Health Division will use the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) framework, widely used by CCOs and local health departments. The MAPP framework uses six phases. The SHA is developed over the first three phases, while the SHIP is developed and implemented over the second three phases.
- Information about the PartnerSHIP can be found at healthoregon.org/2020ship.
- The current State Health Improvement Plan identifies seven priorities related to tobacco use, obesity, oral health, immunizations, suicide, communicable disease, and substance use. The current plan will complete December of 2019.
# # #
Everyone has a right to know about and use Oregon Health Authority (OHA) programs and services. OHA provides free help. Some examples of the free help OHA can provide are:
- Sign language and spoken language interpreters
- Written materials in other languages
- Large print
- Audio and other formats
If you need help or have questions, please contact Christy Hudson at 971-678-4347, 711 TTY, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 48 hours before the meeting.