Text4baby is a free text messaging service and mobile app that delivers health and safety information to your phone.
Text4baby provides expert information for pregnant women, new mothers, family members, caregivers and healthcare providers. From pregnancy up through your baby’s first year, Text4baby shares information about how your baby is growing, your progress and medical updates, and fun quizzes. Text4baby may also be used to set up text reminders on your cell phone to keep track of your health care appointments.
Text BABY to 511411 (or BEBE, for Spanish) to receive weekly information on important topics, such as:
- Prenatal care
- Postpartum depression
- Labor signs and symptoms
- Appointment reminders
- Baby’s developmental stages
- Car seat safety
- Health care resources and hotlines
- Urgent alerts
Text4baby is a free service of the nonprofit National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition (HMHB). It is supported and promoted by over 1,000 health departments, academic institutions, health plans, businesses, and the federal government.
The Oregon Public Health Division is an official Text4baby partner. Other Oregon partners include:
- AllCare Health (Grants Pass, OR)
- Baker County Health Department (Baker City, OR)
- Clackamas County WIC (Oregon City, OR)
- Clatsop County Department of Public Health (Astoria, OR)
- Deschutes County Health Services (Bend, OR)
- Deschutes County WIC (Bend, OR)
- Fairhaven Health/Milkies (McMinnville, OR)
- FamilyCare Health Plans (Portland, OR)
- Harney District Hospital (Burns, OR)
- Head Start of Lane County (Springfield, OR)
- Health Care Coalition of Southern Oregon (Medford, OR)
- Lane County Public Health Division (Eugene, OR)
- Linn County Health Department (Albany, OR)
- Linn-Benton Community College (Albany, OR)
- Lloyd Center Dental Care (Portland, OR)
- Malheur County Health Department (Ontario, OR)
- Moda Health
- Multnomah County Health Department (Portland, OR)
- National Crittenton Foundation (Portland, OR)
- North Central Public Health District (The Dalles, OR)
- PacificSource Health Plans (Bend, OR)
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield (Portland, OR)
- Umpqua Health Alliance (Roseburg, OR)
- Wallowa County Health Department (Enterprise, OR)
- Williamette Dental (Hillsboro, OR)
Become an Outreach Partner
Outreach partners work to promote Text4Baby with their clients and in their communities. Becoming a partner is FREE! Benefits of becoming a Text4Baby Outreach Partner include:
- Access to Text4baby free promotional materials including posters, business cards, and more!
- Recognition as a partner on the Text4baby website
- Access to enrollment data by zip code, county, and language.
- In Oregon, you can join the statewide coalition to combine outreach efforts in your area.
Visit the Text4baby website at
www.Text4baby.org, click on the “Partners Click Here” button at the top, and follow the prompts.
Text4baby has reached over 3,000 Oregonians. In the last six months, Oregon Text4baby partners generated at least 374 new sign-ups across 26 counties.
From the October 2015-March 2016 registration data we know that:
- 56% registering are pregnant mothers
- 36% are new mothers
- 3% register as the other parent
- 3% are healthcare providers
% of Total
% of Total
% of Total