Skip to main content Homepage

Profession Overview Details


Hearing Aid Dispensing

Friday, May 12, 2017

hearing aid

Anyone who sells, leases or rents hearing aids in conjunction with the evaluation or measurement of human hearing must be licensed as a hearing aid specialist. However, the licensing requirement does not apply to a physician licensed under ORS chapter 677, or an audiologist licensed under ORS chapter 681. Hearing aid specialists recommend, select or adapt hearing aids and may alter, adjust or reconstruct hearing aids specifications for proper functionality, such as taking ear impressions for proper fit. Hearing Aid Specialist Temporary License: After completing a hearing aid specialist training program as outlined in Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 331-630-0040, applicants for licensure may obtain a one-year temporary license prior to taking the written and practical examination for full licensure. Temporary license holders may practice but only under the supervision of a licensed hearing aid specialist.​


Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how