Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Medication-Assisted Treatment and Recovery (U MATR)

Buprenorphine Treatment Information

CSAT Buprenorphine Information Center
Informational web page pertaining to buprenorphine with sections specifically designed for general public, physicians, researchers, nurses, counselors and pharmacists.

Buprenorphine Physician and Treatment Program Locator

Are you in Recovery for Alcohol and Drug Problems? Know Your Rights.

A series of publications that provides general guidance on the legal rights of individuals with alcohol and drug problems

  • Rights for Individuals on Medication-Assisted Treatment
    This brochure explains the Federal laws that prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities and how they protect people receiving Medication-Assisted Treatment for opioid addiction (also known as "MAT"). MAT includes a medication (e.g., methadone, buprenorphine, oral naltrexone) approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for opioid addiction detoxification or maintenance treatment.

  • Manual for Sponsors and Trainers
    This manual is intended to serve as a useful guide in planning, promoting and presenting a Know Your Rights training session. Much of the content of the Know Your Rights training session outline is drawn from the pamphlet Are You in Recovery from Alcohol or Drug Problems? Know Your Rights, which was also developed by the Legal Action Center.

Information for Court, Other Government Agencies and Employers

  • Educating Courts, Other Government Agencies and Employers About Methadone
    This publication explains how individuals in methadone maintenance programs and other forms of Medication Assisted Treatment, as well as their treatment programs and advocates, can advocate for their rights so that they can get in or stay in the treatment they need – without discrimination. The focus is on discrimination by the child welfare system and criminal justice system – including driving under the influence, jails and prisons, and probation and parole.


For more information

Contact: Dr. John W. McIlveen
Program & Policy Development Specialist
State Opioid Treatment Authority