Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Special Claims on HUD Properties
Section 8 Project-Based Assistance / Special Claims

Special Claim Process​​​​
HUD Safety Hotline Poster Download
4350.3 REV 1 Change 4, Chapter 4 Waiting list and Tenant Selection​
MAT User Guide, Appendix H - Calculation Guidance

The Special Claim process is an opportunity for owners to be reimbursed for financial loss when a tenant vacates a unit. Claims may be submitted to help cover the costs of vacancy loss, damages, and unpaid rent. Use the links above to access guidance to prepare a special claim for submission.

HCA HAP Unit​​ ​​
HAP Specialist
HAP Specialist, Lead
HAP Specialist
Connie Babcock
Laura Schmidt
Anna Snegireff

For more information, contact:
James Hackett​, HCA Section Manager
HCA Fax line: 503-986-6705