Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

  • New Alcohol Service Permit Application Portal

    As of May 1, 2018, all Alcohol Service Permit applications must be submitted through the new web-based application portal. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
    With the
    new application portal, alcohol service permit applicants can:

     - Create an account

     - Submit an application

     - Take the alcohol server permit test

     - Pay with a debit or credit card 

    Alcohol Service Permit Portal

  • Marijuana-Infused Alcoholic Beverages

    Oregon Revised Statute 471.446(2) states that the OLCC may refuse to sell, or may prohibit any licensee from selling, any brand of alcoholic liquor which in its judgment contains adulterated ingredients, according to ORS 471.446(2). Adding marijuana or marijuana items to alcoholic beverages adulterates the product.  Therefore, unless allowed under the following exception, marijuana-infused alcoholic beverages are prohibited in Oregon.

    More about Marijuana-Infused Alcoholic Beverages
  • Guidance for Food Service at Wineries on Farmland
    A guidance document for wineries produced by the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development and Oregon Liquor Control Commission in coordination with the Oregon Winegrowers Association (OWA).

    Guidance for Food Service at Wineries on Farmland Under Oregon Senate Bill 841

  • Recreational Marijuana and Liquor Licenses

    Recreational marijuana became legal in Oregon on July 1, 2015. There are limits to the law however; marijuana is not allowed to be consumed in a public place.
    Measure 91 defines a public place as a general place where the public has access. This includes all OLCC annually licensed businesses and all special events with temporary sales licenses.  If you need further clarification of a public place, please call 503-872-6366.

    Download this sign for your business

    Letter to liquor licensees
  • Recreational Marijuana - Consumption, Gifting, and Giveaways
    A new fact sheet is now available to help licensees, event planners, and citizens understand the laws and guidelines when hosting a marijuana-related event. 
    For more information contact OLCC at 503-872-6366 or by email: marijuana@oregon.gov

    Get the Fact Sheet

The Basics Ready to Apply
Do I need a LIQUOR LICENSE or SERVICE PERMIT?license or service permit
A LIQUOR LICENSE is needed if you or your business sells, manufactures, imports, or distributes alcohol in Oregon.

An ALCOHOL SERVICE PERMIT is primarily for those who mix, serve, or sell alcohol, such as waitstaff, bartenders, or managers.
The Process of Getting a Liquor License The process of getting a liquor license



OLCC OfficesOLCC Offices 
Contact the local OLCC office where your licensed business will be located.
ResourcesForms, Publications and Signs
Apply for a Liquor LicenseApply for a Liquor License 
If you know which type of liquor license you want to apply for, click here for applications, forms and instructions.
Special Event LicensingSpecial Event Licensing
Special Event licenses allow licensed businesses, individuals, or groups, to sell and serve alcohol at a special event. Get help on licensing your event, or using your annual liquor license for special events.
Make Changes to Your Licensed BusinessMake Changes to Your Licensed Business
Do you want to make changes to the environment of your licensed business (change hours of operation, minor posting, entertainment, expanding the licensed area)?
For Businesses Outside of Oregonglobe 
Certain permits may be required for out-of-state producers and sellers of wine, cider, malt beverages, or distilled spirits.