Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQs: Labeling & Packaging
Q:  Who came up with the 5mg limit for edibles?
  This was determined by the OHA.  By law, the OLCC is required to accept the OHA established limit. 
Q:  Are we unable to use the words: candy, sweet, or delicious on the label? 
A:  It is important to keep in mind the intent is for marijuana products to NOT be appealing to children. Businesses should use common sense in regards to what is appealing to children, and to remember all items should be geared towards adults.
Q:  Who is able to package products?
A:  All license types.
Q:  Who has to meet packaging for sale requirements?
A:  All license types.
Q: How can I learn more about the packaging and labeling pre-approval process?
A: The OLCC website has a section dedicated to packaging and labeling, you can find tutorials,
rules and training videos here.
Q:  Is child resistance required for the initial use or for each subsequent use?
A:  If there are multiple servings of a cannabinoid concentrate, extract or product, the package must be child resistant at all times.  Usable marijuana is only required to be in a child resistant package at time of sale.