Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQs: Local Government Zoning
Q:  Is there a 1,000 foot distance rule between OLCC recreational marijuana licenses?
A:  The OLCC currently does not have a 1,000 foot rule between recreational businesses.  However local municipalities have the ability to adopt restrictions regarding time, place, and manner.  You are encouraged to work with your local government directly to be in compliance with their rules.
Q:  Is it is acceptable to have an OLCC business on an area zoned rural residential?
A:  The OLCC does not have any restrictions regarding rural residential zoned areas.  This is up to the local jurisdiction.
Q:  Does a college meet the definition of school?
A:  Oregon statute defines a school as:
(a) A public elementary or secondary school for which attendance is compulsory under ORS 339.020; or
(b) A private or parochial elementary or secondary school, teaching children as described in ORS 339.030 (1)(a)
Q:  If someone lives in an industrial area is it considered residential?
A:  OLCC does not regulate local zoning code.  However if a location meets the definition of a “primary residence,” the OLCC is prohibited from licensing a primary residence.
Q:  What are the zoning requirements of an outdoor grow?
A:  This is a local decision.  OLCC only needs the LUCS to show that the use is permitted.
Q:  Is there a separate fee for the LUCS?
A:  The local jurisdiction processing the LUCS may have an applicable fee which it charges.  The fee is paid directly to the local government.
Q.  I would like to grow in my basement which has an entrance separate from my home. Is this allowable?
A.  No, a basement would be considered part of a primary residence.