Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQs: Marijuana Worker Permit
Q:  Who needs to have a marijuana worker permit?
A:  All employees who perform work on behalf of an OLCC licensed producer, processor, wholesaler, or retailer, including the licensees working in a licensed business or managing information in CTS must possess a marijuana worker permit if they participate in any of the following:
  • Possession, production, propagation, processing, securing or selling of marijuana items at the premises for which the license has been issued;
  • Recording of the possession, production, propagation, processing, securing or selling of marijuana items at the premises for which the license has been issued;
  • The verification of any document described in ORS 475B.170; or
  • The direct supervision of a person described above.
Q.  How do I apply for a permit?
Q.  How much does the worker permit cost?
A:  The worker permit fee is $100 and is only due upon approval.
Q:  I took the on-line test for my workers permit, where is my permit?
A:  Taking the online test is just the first step. To complete the process you need to apply for your worker permit online. Click on Register for a Worker Permit account and follow the directions that follow.
Q:  When I try to login, it says that I don’t have a valid token or password. What do I do?
A:  You may use the same USERNAME and PASSWORD as you did for the testing site if you would like, however the website for the online test and the application need to registered for separately.
Q:  I got locked out of my account or forgot my password. Should I just create a new account?
A:  No. Please email your USERNAME to marijuana.licensing@oregon.gov from the email address you used to register your account. You will receive an email response within 24 hours during regular business hours, M-F, 8am-5pm. Please allow for the next business day if you submit your request after 5pm on Fridays
Q:   I got an email stating that my account is in a DRAFT status or that I have something pending. How do I fix this?
A:   Do not create an additional account. Log in to your account and follow the directions listed in
the email.
Q:   How will I know when I can pay for my Worker Permit?
A:   You will receive an email indicating a change in status, from NICUSA, at the email address
you provided upon registration.
Q:  Will the OLCC be sending me my worker permit in the mail?
A:   No. Worker Permits are available to be printed from your account dashboard after payment. Log in, click on Print my Worker Permit and print it off. This is what a Recreational Marijuana Worker Permit should look like:

Q:  How will I know when I can pay for my worker permit?
A:  The OLCC will contact you when your application has been processed and let you know it is time to pay.
Q.  How do I know if my criminal convictions will make me ineligible for a permit?
A.  Denial criteria is located in the OLCC Division 25 rules, OAR 845-025-5540.
Q:  I completed a background check for the marijuana application, do I need another background check for the worker permit?
A:  Yes, a separate background check is required for the worker permit application. This will be processed directly by OLCC. You will be contacted by an email from marijuana.workerpermit@oregon.gov if additional information is needed.
Q. I work as a trimmer, why do I need to learn about checking ID’s?
A.  All marijuana workers will take the same test, this will allow for you to change jobs within the industry if you so desire.
Q.  I am planning to work for a producer over the summer and go back to school in the fall, since I’m only working 3 months do I need a permit?
A.  Yes, all employees, even seasonal employees need a worker permit.
Q:  I work at an OHA medical dispensary - do I need a worker permit?
A:  Worker permits are only required for employees of businesses licensed by the OLCC. However, some medical marijuana businesses may ask you to get a worker permit.