Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

FAQs: Water Rights
Q:  Do you need water rights to be granted a license?
A:  This is dependent on the specific situation.  For producer licenses the following is required, a water right permit or certificate number; a statement that water is supplied from a public or private water provider, along with the name and contact information of the water provider; or proof from the Oregon Water Resources Department that the water to be used for production is from a source that does not require a water right. 
Q:  It may take several months to acquire the water rights on a property.  If I’m in the process of obtaining the water rights can I get a conditional approval?
A:  If you do not have rights to water on a property, you may make a business decision to obtain water from a temporary source until you have final approval in order to satisfy the OLCC requirement. OLCC will hold your application until you can prove you have a legal method of obtaining water on your property. You may contact the Water Resources Department to assist you further with water issues.