Eligible applicants include local, state, federal, Tribal, and other governments. Non-profits registered with the Oregon Secretary of State for at least three years prior to application may also be eligible to apply.
Eligible projects include:
- Construction of new trails
- Major rehabilitation of existing trails
- Development or improvement of trailhead or other support facilities
- Acquisition of land or easements for the purpose of trail development
- Safety and education projects
Eligible trail types include motorized (OHV, snowmobile), non-motorized (hiker, biker, equestrian), and water trails.
Refer to the RTP Policy Manual for more detailed eligibility requirements and other policies.
Oregon’s annual RTP allocation is approximately $1.6 million. At least 30% of funds are set aside for motorized trail projects.
The minimum grant request amount is $10,000 and there is no maximum. Applicants must commit at least a 20% match, or 40% if requesting $250,000 or more for a non-motorized trail project. Match can include volunteer labor or other donations.