Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

Doing Business


​​Moving an explosives storage magazine must be reported to the Office of State Fire Marshal by the owner or user who has physical possession and/or control of the magazine. 

The report must be made within 24 hours of moving the magazine. Relocation of a magazine is defined as moving a magazine any distance. 

The following information must be reported to the toll-free explosives hotline or email. Both federal and state regulations require companies and individuals to advise their local fire authority of explosives storage on the day it begins.

When calling the explosives hotline, include the following information about the magazine moved:

  • Date magazine was moved
  • Certificate of registration number or ATF number issued to magazine
  • Company reporting relocation
  • Person reporting relocation
  • Phone number of person reporting
  • Email of person reporting
  • Old location of the magazine including the street address, city, state and county
  • New location of magazine including the street address, city, state and county
  • If changing companies or users, report the new company and users

The Office of State Fire Marshal no longer issues certificates of possession and magazine registrations.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Explosives (BATFE)​ will continue to regulate all laws pertaining to the acquisition, distribution, and storage of explosives. 

Any individuals who do not currently possess a federal license or permit who intend to manufacture, import, distribute, or acquire explosive materials, or any individuals or businesses seeking to renew a certificate of possession or magazine registration, should contact the BATFE.

We conduct life safety code surveys of long term care facilities, hospitals, hospices, end stage renal disease (dialysis) facilities, and ambulatory surgical centers (outpatient facilities) that receive funding from Medicaid and Medicare programs (CMS).

Compliance surveyors specializing in health care surveys conduct these surveys; long term care facilities are surveyed annually while other facility types are upon request by Oregon's Department of Human Services or the Oregon Healthy Authority Public Health Division. 

Division Manager
Chad Hawkins, Assistant Chief Deputy

Supervising Deputy State Fire Marshal
Amber Cross

LSC Compliance Surveyors
Matthew Rodriquez, Compliance Specialist​

Mark Crawford, Compliance Specialist

Shawna Fenison, Compliance Specialist​