We work to reduce the risk of fire injury and death to youth by working in partnership with fire service, law enforcement, social services, school professionals, community partners and families to provide education and intervention resources, materials and training.
Examples of the services we provide:
- Collaborate with fire service and community agencies to develop and distribute prevention education, intervention, and treatment resources.
- Develop and train on preschool, elementary, and middle school fire awareness prevention curricula.
- Support statewide networks of multidisciplinary teams serving youth with fire setting behavior.
- Research and evaluate fire prevention and intervention strategies.
- Develop and deliver training to fire service and community partners to meet NFPA 1035 certification standards for juvenile intervention specialists.
- Cooperate with local, state, and national organizations to support professional and program development.
- Analyze, interpret and report on data related to youth with fire.
- Provide technical assistance and serve as a clearinghouse for information and materials that support best practice.
FIRE SAFETY AT HOME
Resources for Families:
At Oregon's Office of the State Fire Marshal, we want families to be safe. These materials are for families to print and use with children. These resources are age-appropriate and intended for discussion and planning for home safety.
Parent or Caregiver Resources:
We have created a twelve page manual explaining legal expectations and ways to help prevent children from creating fires.
- A Parent's Legal Responsibility When Your Child Sets a Fire- English | Spanish
YOUTH WITH FIRE SCREENING
Insight is a workbook based intervention tool for youth who misuse fire or have been identified as being at risk for unsafe fire behavior. This tool works to increase fire safety, build empathy, and encourage accountability.
To request printed workbooks for your agency, please use the OSFM Fire Prevention & Safety Education Materials Request Form.
YOUTH RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS
YOUTH RESOURCES FOR FIRE AGENCIES