Ver la información de la asistencia de saneamiento del campo en español.
The Field Sanitation Program provides funding to agricultural producers for handwashing stations and portable toilets to help ensure safe working conditions. Producers will be responsible for securing the additional units and documenting requirements set forth by OR-OSHA. Producers can apply for funds starting June 10, 2020.
Oregon OSHA expects the operator to show that they have tried to secure extra chemical portable toilets (or handwashing facilities). If an operator has made 3 good-faith contacts with different suppliers and could not secure additional chemical portable toilets by the June 1 deadline, this would demonstrate diligence.
Field sanitation tracker
The Food Security and Farmworker Safety Program provides financial reimbursement for additional field sanitation units needed to comply with OR-OSHA’s temporary rules in response to COVID-19. Field sanitation units include portable handwashing stations and portable toilets. Producers are responsible for securing the additional units and documenting requirements set forth by OR-OSHA.
To be eligible for grant funds under the program, an applicant must be:
- An agricultural producer to which OR-OSHA temporary rule 437-001-0749 applies. An agricultural producer includes any person who leases, rents, manages as a full service liability company, or owns Oregon land, whether the land is publicly-owned or privately-owned, or Tribal land, on which crops are cultivated or livestock is raised; and
- Registered to do business and in good standing with the Oregon Secretary of State.
Costs associated with providing additional portable handwashing stations and portable toilets to comply with OR-OSHA’s temporary rules are eligible for reimbursement up to market rates for the type of unit and based on receipts provided. The program can only provide reimbursement to individual producers.
Field Sanitation Rates
Field sanitation units purchased by the producer with a receipt dated on or after March 27, 2020 are eligible for monthly usage assistance beginning June 1, 2020 at the following FSFS Program Rates:
- Single toilet, weekly service: $120/month
- ADA toilet, weekly service: $225/month
- Toilet & toilet/sink combo on trailer, weekly service: $185/month
- Double toilet & toilet/sink combo on trailer, weekly service: $250/month
- Individual sink: $75/month
- 2-person sink: $150/month
Field sanitation units rented by the producer are eligible for monthly assistance beginning June 1, 2020 at market rates of up to $300/unit per month and based upon receipts provided.
Program Funding Limitation
The Food Security and Farmworker Safety Program funding has a maximum benefit of $20,000 in combined housing and field sanitation assistance and $1,000 in transportation assistance to any individual producer applying for assistance throughout the 2020 harvest season. Producers that have costs in excess of $21,000 may also submit documentation of those excess costs. If any program funds remain at the end of the harvest season in October, additional payments may be equitably distributed to producers.
How and When to Apply
Applications for Field Sanitation Assistance will be accepted beginning June 10, 2020 and will be processed in the order received. Reimbursement will be available for eligible costs incurred on or after June 1, 2020. Field Sanitation Assistance will be available through October 25, 2020.
To apply for Field Sanitation Assistance, producers can complete the
financial assistance application and send it via email to
FSFSapplication@oregon.gov or via fax to 503-986-0199. If you are unable to access the application online, please call 503-986-0058 to request that an application be faxed to you. Applicants should be prepared to provide the following information/documentation with their application:
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification W-9 Form
- An estimate of the peak number of employees expected
- An estimate of the number of field sanitary stations needed
- The duration of field sanitation need
- Invoices from the sanitation company providing the field sanitation units
- Receipt of purchased unit with documented period of use
Application If you are applying for Housing and/or Transportation along with Field Sanitation assistance, please fill out only one application.
Solicitud de asistencia financiera