For the latest information on the coronavirus in Oregon,
visit the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). Resources for reopening and “Building a Safe and Strong Oregon” are available on Governor Brown’s website.
The safety of PERS members and our staff remains our top concern.
To continue to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, which
causes COVID-19, and to protect members and employees, Oregon PERS' headquarters in Tigard
and its shared office with the Oregon Savings Growth Plan (OSGP) in Salem
remain closed to the public, following direction from Gov. Kate
During this closure, PERS continues to serve members and employers through modified operations during regular business hours. PERS, OSGP, and PERS Health Insurance Program (PHIP) member and employer resources can still be reached by phone and email.
We also encourage retiring members to fax or mail in retirement applications and forms. Any purchases, checks, or other payments will need to be mailed to PERS at this time, as they cannot be dropped off while the building is closed to the public.
In addition, based on the latest recommendations, guidelines, and information from Oregon
Gov. Kate Brown, the Oregon Health Authority, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other state entities, Oregon PERS has:
- Enacted the agency's Pandemic Plan, which enables our staff to coordinate necessary agency priorities, with a focus on ensuring income continuity to our retired members while addressing COVID-19 mitigation.
- Temporarily canceled all in-person PERS, OSGP, and PHIP group education sessions and workshops until further notice.
- PERS education sessions with financial planning are now available via webinar. Links to register can be found through the Tier One/Tier Two or OPSRP education pages.
- PERS also transitioned to conducting one-on-one Retirement Application Assistance Sessions (RAAS) via phone. It is highly recommended you sign up for a RAAS if you are planning to retire this year to ensure your PERS paperwork is accurate and complete. If you need to cancel or reschedule RAAS appointments, you can do so using the link in your confirmation email from TimeTap.
- OSGP is offering web-based, one-one-one counseling and virtual workshops.
- PHIP new enrollment information is now available in video format.
PERS and partner agencies also have created various FAQs and other informational webpages to help answer your questions, including:
Please be aware that you may experience long call wait times when attempting to reach representatives from PERS Member Services, the Employer Service Center, OSGP, and PHIP at this time.
The PERS website may also be impacted, as are other state agency sites, by high web traffic, which may make this website inaccessible at times.
We will update this page periodically when we have relevant information to share.
Original posted Friday, March 13, 2020. Updated Friday, July 16, 2021.