Are ALL reports submitted through the PUC’s Filing Center?
No. Please do NOT submit the following:
- Annual Fee Statements
- Payment Remittance
- Oregon Universal Service Fund (OUS1 or OUS2) surcharge form or surcharge remittance
- Residential Service Protection Fund surcharge form or surcharge remittance
- Telecommunication annual reports containing confidential information (Forms O, L, C, or I)
- Any daily safety or safety incident reports
- Accident reports required by ORS 654.715
Is my filing a report or compliance filing?
If the information is a one-time filing to show compliance with a Commission order, please file it as a compliance filing within the docket. If the information is required regularly by statute, rule, or order, file the information as a report. If ever in doubt, contact the Filing Center at 503-378-6678.
What report formats are preferred?
Text-searchable PDF format is preferred, but reports prepared in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint are also accepted. Provide diagrams, photos, or maps in PDF format only.
Is a physical copy required?
A physical copy, consisting of paper, CD or flash drive, is NOT required, unless:
- The report contains confidential information,
- The report exceeds 100 pages, or
- The report is an Energy Utility Results of Operation Report. In this case, provide a CD in a format that can be searched and comments added.
How do I file a report?
- Complete the e-Filing Report Cover Sheet.
- Send an email to the Filing Center with the cover sheet and report attached.
- In the subject, type the R- docket number, if you know it. If not, type your company name and subject of the report.
Submitting reports containing confidential information?
- Delete confidential information from the public version and prepare the confidential information a) in print on yellow paper, or b) on a separate CD or flash drive to be sent to the PUC Filing Center by mail/courier. Note: Electronic redaction tools may still allow access to the confidential information. Physically deleting confidential content from the public version reduces the risk of inadvertent disclosure.
- Submit the cover sheet or a cover letter, and any public (non-confidential) sections of the report by email to the Filing Center. Please note that confidential information will also be submitted.
- Submit a copy of confidential information on yellow paper or on a separate CD or flash drive in a sealed envelope as set out in OAR 860-001-0070. Mail to: PUC Filing Center, PO Box 1088, Salem, OR 97308-1088.