A Certified Continuing Education Provider must apply to the Agency with the following:
- An Agency-approved form (PDF) that includes affirmations that the applicant is a certified continuing education provider and that the provider and the instructors will follow the rules in OAR Chapter 863 divisions 20 and 22.
- Signatures of all individuals authorized to sign certificates of attendance (PDF).
- A copy of the syllabus, with the hours and percentages allocated for each course topic, demonstrating that the course meets the instructional guidelines for the appropriate advanced practices course as found in OAR 863-022-0020.
- The final examination(s) consisting of a minimum of 60 questions. The number of questions from each course topic must correspond to the number of hours and percentages of time required for each course topic under the instructional guidelines found in OAR 863-022-0020.
- The answer key for the final examination, as a separate document.
- A copy of a completed and signed Instructor Qualifications Form (PDF) required by OAR 863-020-0060 for each instructor teaching this course demonstrating that the instructors meet the qualifications under OAR 863-020-0060.
- If the continuing education provider will be using a course purchased from a vendor who developed the course, the provider must submit a completed Written Vendor Authorization Form (PDF).
- If the applicant wishes to provide the course in a distance education format, the petitioner must submit:
- Student assignments and periodic quizzes that allow the petitioner to monitor the student’s progress in the course, and
- A description of the process the petitioner will use to ensure that the student enrolled in the course is the person taking the final examination and that the final examination is monitored.
- A sample certificate of attendance (PDF).
The Agency will review the application and required documents. After the review the Agency will notify the petitioner in writing of the Agency's decision. If the Agency refuses to approve the application, the Certified Continuing Education Provider may request a contested case hearing pursuant to ORS chapter 183