Principal broker license applicants who hold an Oregon broker license need to complete an approved 40-hour Brokerage Administration and Sales Supervision (BASS) course. Applicants who do not already have an Oregon broker license must take the 7 broker pre-license courses and the BASS course.
Qualifications to offer principal broker pre-license education
Approval of BASS course
Responsibilities of a BASS course provider
Once the BASS course is approved, the course provider must:
- Inform each student that:
- The student must provide proof to the provider that the student has applied for a principal broker license with the Agency.
- The course provider will notify PSI when the student is eligible to take the principal broker license exam.
- Obtain proof from the student that they have applied for a principal broker license with the Agency.
- Notify PSI, according to the requirements and instructions of PSI, when a student has successfully completed the BASS course. This makes the student eligible to take the principal broker license exam.
- Provide a certificate of completion to each student.
Renewal of pre-license course approval
Approval of pre-license courses expires every year on July 1. The Agency will send renewal emails to the email addresses on file as a courtesy. It is the responsibility of the course provider to make sure the course approval is renewed in a timely manner.