Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon » Homepage

ESD Revenue Data


Senate Bill 250 (2011) added new revenue data and informational reporting requirements to the Oregon Transparency website for all Education Service Districts, also referred to as ESDs. Currently, there are 19 ESDs serving Oregon's 36 counties.

The transparency of annual revenue data for the school districts is provided by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). In addition, they also maintain a website that includes school district revenues and expenditures. 

Link to Reports and Data - Oregon Department of Education (ODE)

Education service districts in Oregon are funded through multiple funding sources: Property taxes, state & federal contracts and grants, state timber receipts, and the State School Fund (SSF) formula. ESD's General Fund, funding comes from a set amount per ADMw (Average Daily Membership weighted). This amount is made up of property taxes at a unique permanent tax rate. Other general fund sources are state timber tax receipts and the Oregon State School Funds (SSF).

  • Each ESD, by statute, must spend at least 90% of their total SSF funds directly on school district programs or services.  The other 10% is allocated for the operation of the ESD.
  • State contracts, such as Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education and Long-Term Care and Treatment programs, make up another portion of an ESD’s budget. 
  • School districts often contract with their ESD for additional services beyond what is provided in the Local Service Plan.

​ESD revenue data is provided from audited financial statements received by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) in December of each school year. These statements are reviewed and validated over a three (3) to four (4 ) month period before they are submitted for posting on the Oregon Transparency website.   

For questions about ESD Revenue Reports, email Evan Fuller at the Oregon Department of Education. 

​​In addition, you can also email: or call (503) 947-5600 for more information. 

 ESD Revenue Data