Name Changes

If your name has changed OR 

If you misspelled or mistyped your name on your elicensing account:*

Please email TSPC at with:

  • Your new or corrected name;
  • Your account number and last four digits of your social security number; and
  • A PDF copy of your verifying document.

Upon receiving your email, TSPC will add the name change information to your account.  The new or corrected name will appear on your license at your next renewal.

 *For security reasons, the elicensing system will not allow a name to be changed once it has been entered.  TSPC must receive official  documentation to change a name on an established account. 

TSPC will accept the following documents to verify name changes or corrections:

  • Official passport issued by the United States;
  • Official government-issued marriage certificate/license;
  • Oregon Driver License, Instruction Permit or ID Card;
  • A record of Domestic Partnership issued by Oregon Vital Statistics signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document has been recorded with the State Registrar;
  • An out-of-state government issued record of Domestic Partnership signed by a government official with a stamp or seal showing the document was filed with the city, county or state agency responsible for registering Domestic Partnerships in that state;
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued divorce decree, judgment of dissolution of marriage, annulment of marriage decree, judgment of dissolution of domestic partnership, or annulment of domestic partnership;
  • A government-issued death certificate of spouse, that includes a connection to your current full legal name (signed by a government official and including a stamp to show that the document has been filed);
  • A U.S. city, county or state court-issued legal name change decree; 
  • Military ID card, Common Access card and Uniform Services ID & Privilege card;
  • Other U.S. state, U.S. territory, District of Columbia, Canadian or U.S. Department of State driver license, instruction permit or identification card;
  • Oregon Concealed Weapon permit/Concealed Handgun license; or
  • Tribal identification card issued by a federally recognized tribe.