​​Establishing a payment ​plan

Do you owe m​ore than you can pay?

If you can't pay your tax liability in full, please don't panic or ignore it, hoping it will go away. We understand that many people deal with financial difficulties due to losing a job, health issues, or permanent or temporary disabilities. Owing money to the government can be frightening, but we're here to help you.

Even if you're unable to pay the entire tax bill, you should:
  • File your tax return anyway to avoid penalties.
  • Pay what you can by the due date of the return.
  • Call us at (503) 945-8200 to discuss your debt and options.

Payment arrangem​ents

We offer payment plans up to 36 months. To set up a plan, visit Revenue Online and log in, or call us at the number above.

Contact us if you believe you're experiencing a financial hardship that prevents you from paying on your debt. Note: financial hardship and financial inconvenience aren't the same and your situation may not meet the definition of "financial hardship." 

What you should d​o next

Call us to discuss your tax liability as soon as possible. You'll need the following when calling:

  • Your Social Security number or tax identification number.
  • Your debit or credit card, if you want to make a payment over the phone.
  • Information about your sources of income, bank accounts, and expenses if you want to set up a payment plan.

If we contact you, it's important that you respond promptly. If you don't respond, we may take additional collection actions, as required by statute. Read more about our collections process.

If you want someone else to call us on your behalf, you need to submit a Tax Information Authorization and Power of Attorney form. Without this authorization, we can't discuss your account with anyone other than you.

​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Set up a payment plan

  • Call us at 503-945-8200.
  • Or sign in to Revenue Online.
go to Revenue Online