SPECIAL NOTE: ADPICS training courses are ALL sequential. Each class builds upon the next in the Purchasing Process. Purchase orders created in the first few classes are used to prepare the receiving reports, invoices and vouchers and for inquiries in the remaining classes.
Course #13 - Introduction to ADPICS -- 3 hrs
The class provides an overview of ADPICS. A student will learn how to:
Course #14 - ADPICS Direct Purchase Orders -- 3-4 hrs
- log on, create, post, and approve a purchase order (PO)
- enter a receiving report, invoice, and voucher for that PO
- look up the PO on selected ADPICS inquiries
- look up the PO in R*STARS
Covers the basics of creating direct purchase orders, including:
Course #15 - ADPICS Receiving Process -- 3 hrs
- single, percentage, and multiple lines of accounting
- optional fields on the direct PO
- block function
- limited on-line inquiry.
In this class, a student will simulate the receipt processing done by the person at the loading dock. The student will learn how to:
Course #16 - ADPICS Invoices and Vouchers Part #1 of 2 -- 3-4 hrs
- Add, change, delete or cancel receiving reports.
- Process receiving reports for complete and partial shipments
- Document returned and rejected items and/or shipments
- Learn about the “receive all” and Notepad functions
- Use online inquiries to determine what has been received on a particular purchase order.
In this class, the student will complete the purchasing process. The student will:
- Create, review and post invoices for purchase orders
- Review and post the resulting voucher.
- Use R*STARS to retrieve correct vendor information and return the information to ADPICS for invoice processing.
- Learn how to delete or cancel an invoice or voucher
These invoices will be input for purchase orders with various match-types including:
Course #17 - ADPICS Invoices and Vouchers Part #2 of 2 -- 3 to 4 hrs
- Two- and three-way matches
- Progress payments.
This course is a continuation of course #16. In this course you will prepare invoice documents and vouchers:
- For payment to other state agencies
- With freight and/or other charges
- With Credit memos or discounts
You will also reject vendor invoices and process invoice documents using exception processing. Course #18 - ADPICS Direct Vouchers -- 4 hrs
This course teaches the student how to create Direct Vouchers. Direct Vouchers are vouchers that are not tied to a purchase order. Much of the processes will be familiar as they parallel much of the input of a Direct Purchase Order (Course #2). You will also learn how to use the R*STARS system to search for vendors and do inquiries in for vouchers you have created. Course #19 - ADPICS Approval Process -- 3 hrs
This course is particularly useful to supervisors and managers who will be releasing ADPICS documents for the R*STARS interface. This course teaches the student how to:
- Establish an electronic signature to facilitate the approval process
- Approve and/or reject documents in the user’s approval mailbox
- Back-up another user with a different user level or department number
- Track both active and inactive documents using the approval inquiry screens
You will perform exercises using purchase orders you have used in previous classes. Course #20 - ADPICS Standard Specifications and Terms -- 3 hrs
This course teaches the student how to:
- Explain the difference between a specification and a term
- Find standard specifications and terms on the Standard Specifications/Terms Maintenance Screen
- Enter standard specifications and terms on direct purchase orders using both the ID field and the block function
- View the standard specifications and terms attached to a direct purchase order on-line
You will perform exercises using purchase orders you have used in previous classes. Course #21 - ADPICS Direct Purchase Order Change Orders -- 3 hrs
This course shows how to use the various screens in the Change Order process. You will create change orders to:
- Correct the purchase order details including commodity number, quantity and unit cost
- Correct accounting detail information and amounts
- Correct specification and term information
- Cancel an existing purchase order
You will perform exercises using the various change order forms and other related forms to make changes to existing purchase orders.