Assistant Superintendent of Correctional Rehabilitation Services |
SRCI´s Correctional Rehabilitation Services section offers a variety of services to assist inmates during their incarceration by:
· Managing caseloads of inmates from reception to release, to include preparing case management documents making inmate program assessments, appropriately determining custody levels based on public and institutional risk assessments, responding to inmate requests, and interviewing and counseling inmates. Correctional Counselors works in conjunction with security staff in assessing and making decisions on security issues regarding inmates.
· Facilitating inmate access to the legal system through the CD-ROM reference Legal Library and Inmate Legal Services. Offering general/reference library services with access to the Southern Oregon Library Network.
· Assigning and monitoring multiple behavioral programs for the Intensive Management Unit which houses high risk inmates.
· Offering Visiting in a pleasant, positive environment which helps facilitate family reunification upon release.
· Familiarizing new inmates with SRCI´s rules and policies via the inmate Admission and Orientation program.
· Providing program assessment, design, coordination and implementation of a wide variety of social, cultural and athletic activities and services for the inmates that reduce idleness within the institution. Additionally, the Activities section provides opportunities for self-improvement and recreational skill acquisition for those inmates who choose to participate.
· Providing inmate transitional services through individual release counseling and the Transition program that provides information from outside resources which familiarizes inmates with options designed to improve the possibility of a smooth and successful transition back to society.
· Oversight for SRCI Minimum Facility