To start the product registration process, we need the following:
- A completed registration application.
- A legible copy of the product’s label. If the label is going to be applied to a container such as a bag or box, a copy of the label and a facsimile of the container is needed.
- A heavy metals lab report listing the total concentrations of arsenic (As), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), and nickel (Ni) in the product. Please note that the analyses listed on the report must have been conducted within the last 18 months and the detection limits must be at or below the following (these are not the limits of the constituents in the product, but a requirement for the lab tolerances):
- Arsenic (As) 10.0 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd) 5.0 ppm
- Lead (Pb) 5.0 ppm
- Mercury (Hg) 0.20 ppm
- Nickel (Ni) 5.0 ppm
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 per product per calendar year.
- Application fees are not prorated
- Payment may be submitted by mail or fax only
- See the instructions on the application form
Manufacturer-Bulk Distributor (FMBD) license is required for the following:
- Product manufactured in Oregon
- Product to be shipped into the state in bulk (loose in a truck or railcar)
Completing the process
- After successful completion of the registration process
- You will be mailed an official registration certificate by Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA).
Your product will be posted to the registered fertilizer, agricultural mineral, agricultural amendment, and lime products database.
Simply submitting a registration application does not mean your product is registered and legal for distribution in Oregon. If you don’t have a certificate in hand or cannot find your product in the registered fertilizer, agricultural mineral, agricultural amendment, and lime products database, it is not registered.
Agricultural Amendment Product Registration (APR) Form (2016)
An APR Form is required for the registration of agricultural amendment products. APR Form
Agricultural Mineral Product Registration (MPR) Form (2016)
An MPR Form is required for the registration of agricultural mineral products. MPR Form
Fertilizer Product Registration (FPR) Application Form (2016)
An FPR Form is required for the registration of fertilizer products. FPR Form
Lime Product Registration (LPR) Form (2016)
An LPR Form is required for the registration of lime products. A product is considered a lime in Oregon if its calcium and magnesium compounds are capable of neutralizing soil acidity. LPR Form