Title & Registration

Floating Homes on the Columbia River near Scappoose
Floating home properties are a common sight in Oregon.  The Marine Board issues titles and plates for floating homes.  


New floating property owners need to contact OSMB at (503) 378-8587 or marine.board@oregon.gov​.  

Many floating home owners also own paddlecraft.  Be sure to carry an aquatic invasive species permit when operating the boat.


AIS Permits: Apply online​ or at a business selling AIS permits; Out-of-state registered motorboats must carry an out-of-state AIS permit; Non-Motorized watercraft may purchase 1 or 2-year AIS permits.