The Commission encourages public participation by providing comments in person at public meetings, submitting written comments electronically, or both. At each scheduled public meeting, the Commission provides time on the agenda for members of the public to provide oral comments.
Commenting in Person
If you wish to provide public comment, arrive early and sign in before the meeting begins. A sign in sheet is located near the entrance of the meeting room.
When the Chairperson calls your name, come forward and sit at the testimony table.
Addressing the Commission:
- Speak clearly into the microphone. All oral comments are electronically recorded.
- Address the Chair, Vice-Chair, Executive Director, and members of the Commission: "Chair ____, Vice-Chair ____, Executive Director ____, and Members of the Commission…"
- For the record, state your name and the organization you represent (if any).
- If you've submitted written comments, please summarize instead of reading word for word.
- It is helpful to conclude with a comment such as: "Thank you and I'd be happy to answer any questions"
Depending upon time constraints, public comment may be limited to a few minutes for each person.
Submitting Public Correspondence
Public correspondence may be submitted at any time to Commissioner.HECC@state.or. is shared with commissioners on a regular basis. Written comments submitted at least 48 hours prior to a scheduled public meeting will be distributed to Commissioners in advance of the meeting. If submitting written comment the day of the meeting, please provide 25 copies to the Commission Administrator. All written comments received become part of the permanent record.
Requests for accommodations should be made at least 72 hours in advance to the Commission Administrator, Kelly Dickinson (503-947-2379 or firstname.lastname@example.org).