Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Veterans' Emergency Financial Assistance
Emergency Grant Money will not be available until after October 1, 2015
Emergency Assistance
The Oregon Veterans' Emergency Financial Assistance Program is for veterans and their immediate family (spouse, unremarried surviving spouse, child, or stepchild) who are in need of emergency financial assistance. Assistance is granted one time only and the average award amounts vary.
 Emergency financial assistance includes, but is not limited to, emergency or temporary housing and related housing expenses, such as expenses for utilities, insurance, house repairs, rent assistance, emergency medical or dental expenses and emergency transportation. All payments are made directly to payees/creditors. To receive this grant your application must include a workable plan for future sustainability - how you will meet your future monthly living expenses and obligations. Call your local County Veteran Service Office Veterans Service Officer or ODVA at 503-373-2085 to talk to someone about your needs.
 How to apply for assistance:
1.     Application
2.     Read the instructions and follow the checklist
3.     Locate and contact an accredited Veterans Service Officer
4.     Complete the OVEFAP Application Form and provide the required documentation
Submit entire package to your County Veteran Service Office or:
700 Summer St. NE
Salem, OR 97301