Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

ODVA Claims and Counseling
Serving Oregon's Military Veterans since 1945
The Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs (ODVA) continues to help our state's veterans and their families to improve the quality of their lives. From helping veterans to file claims for education, m​edical or other benefits to assisting them in obtaining earned medals and military awards, ODVA is here to serve you with a wide array of available programs and services.

To help obtain these benefits, the ODVA provides veteran service officers (VSOs) free-of-charge to assist veterans and their families with applying for benefits.  State VSOs are available in most counties or through National Service Organizations, such as the American Legion, AMVETS, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America and others.
The ODVA Claims and Counseling Section has offices in Salem and Portland where accredited VSOs can help you file VA claims for:

If you have a claim or would like to learn more about veteran benefits, contact a local veteran service officer.  As veteran advocates, ODVA is committed to assisting veterans and their families with obtaining the benefits they have learned as a result of a veteran’s honorable military service.