You can apply for the Oregon Health Plan at any time of the year. Enrollment is always open for the Oregon Health Plan.
You can apply for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) online. Go to OregonHealthCare.gov to find the application that works best for you and your family.
- OregonHealthCare.gov is a new website that works with the national health insurance website, HealthCare.gov.
- At OregonHealthCare.gov, answer the screening questions. This will help decide where you should apply.
- Some people will be sent to the national site to apply. Others will be sent to a state site to apply.
Trained community partners across the state can help you fill out an application. It’s free. Visit OregonHealthCare.gov to find community partners in your area.
You can also learn more about how to fill out the application in the Application Guide.
You can also apply for the OHP with a paper application. Paper applications are available in multiple languages.
You can download and print an application or have an application mailed to you. Request a paper application by calling OHP Customer Service at 1-800-699-9075 or 711 (TTY).
Do I qualify?
To qualify for OHP, individuals and families must meet income and residency requirements. Oregonians may also qualify based on age and disability status.
OHP is available to adults who earn up to 138 percent of the Federal Poverty Level. That’s about $16,100 a year for a single person or $32,900 a year for a family of four.
OHP is available to kids and teens (0-18) whose family earns up to 300 percent of the Federal Poverty Level. That’s about $46,600 a year for a family of two or $82,000 a year for a family of five.
The best way to see if you qualify is to submit an application. Go to OregonHealthCare.gov to get connected to the best application for you and your family. You may qualify for OHP, even if you have been denied in the past.
Oregon Health Plan Programs
The Oregon Health Plan is Oregon’s Medicaid program. There are several health care programs available for low-income Oregonians through OHP.
- OHP Plus for children ages 0-18 and adults ages 19-64
- OHP Plus Supplemental for pregnant adults age 21 or older
- OHP with Limited Drug for adults who qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare Part D
Other medical programs available include Citizen Alien Waived Emergent Medical (CAWEM) and Qualified Medicare Beneficiary.
Oregon Health Plan Applications (PDFs):