Animal Health, Feeds, and Livestock ID

State and federal regulations regarding the shipment of livestock and other animals across state lines support efforts to prevent, control, or eradicate animal diseases and prevent livestock theft.

Animal owners are responsible for complying with regulations when moving animals across state lines. Your veterinarian can help you with this process.

Equine passport change

As of January 1, 2020, Oregon will no long accept Equine Six Month Passports for travel into or out of Oregon. Passports issued prior to that date will be honored until their expiration date.​​

Traveling to Oregon

Please visit the animal import requirements database​ and choose the appropriate options to find out what is required before you bring your animal into Oregon.

Traveling from Oregon

Each state determines the requirements for animals entering from outside its borders. Talk with your veterinarian for assistance with this process. You may also call the Office of the State Veterinarian in the state of destination to learn the state's current import requirements such as the following:

  • Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
  • Import permit
  • Vaccinations against disease
  • Tests for disease
  • Statements about the animal disease conditions of the area or flock/herd of origin
  • Other requirements the state determines are appropriate

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) sets requirements for interstate shipment of some animals, for which there are state-federal disease eradication programs (cattle, swine, poultry).


Brucellosis Vaccination Record

All vaccinations must be promptly reported cooperative state-federal brucellosis eradication program. Brucellosis Vaccination Record

Import Permit Information

Visit the Oregon online import permit page to obtain a permit. Import permits can only be issued to accredited veterinarians. Contact us for general information regarding import requirements. Oregon online import permit

USDA Pet Travel Requirements

When travelling with your pet(s), there may be animal health requirements specific for that destination. As soon as you know your travel details, contact your local veterinarian to assist with the pet travel process. USDA pet travel requirements website



Oregon Department of Agriculture
Animal Health
635 Capitol St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-986-4680
Fax: 503-986-4734
​​​​USDA Tumwater Area Office
1550 Irving Street SW, Ste 100
Tumwater, WA 98512
Phone: 360-753-9430