Effective April 1, 2016 child care providers with a Spark star rating of 3, 4 or 5 may be eligible to receive monthly incentive payments.
How do I receive the incentive payment?
Child care providers will not need to bill for this incentive amount. The amount will be applied to the provider’s payment during the DHS billing process.
How do I qualify for the incentive payment?
The monthly incentive payment is for child care providers that:
- Have been approved by the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Are providing care for children receiving the Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) subsidy
- Are licensed in Oregon with the Office of Child Care (OCC)
- Have a current Spark star rating of 3, 4 or 5
- Have been paid for full time care (136 hours or more) for an ERDC child who is authorized for 136 or more hours per month by DHS
- Are not a contracted child care provider through the ERDC program
How much will I receive?
Providers can choose NOT to receive the incentive payments. If a provider does NOT want to receive this additional amount, the provider will need to complete a form to opt-out.
The monthly incentive amount depends on the provider’s star rating:
Monthly Incentive Payment
for Each Full-Time ERDC Child
Providers with questions about the incentive payments can contact the Direct Pay Unit at 1-800-699-9074.
Providers interested in Spark or becoming star rated can contact: