Nutrition education and reimbursements from USDA
Children need to eat foods with the right nutrients to be healthy, grow as they are meant to, and learn good eating habits that last a lifetime. Child care providers approved and listed with ODHS may qualify for nutrition education and reimbursements from
USDA for meals fed to children in care.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide care in their home
- Prepare meals for children
- Meet USDA's criteria
After you are approved and listed as an ODHS child care provider, contact the USDA sponsor in your area (see below).
Once you sign up for the program
- A program representative will train you on how to serve USDA meals according to USDA guidelines, and keep track of the meals you serve.
- They will also train you on how to keep track of the children you serve, including their in and out times.
- You will send paperwork to your sponsor at the end of each month and receive a reimbursement check based on the number of qualifying meals.
For more information, contact the USDA sponsor nearest you. Below is a list of sponsors, their phone numbers and where they are located.
|Bend||Child Care Development Services||503-489-2509|
|Gresham||Child Care Development Services||503-489-2509|
|Roseburg||Child Care Development Services||503-489-2509|
|Milwaukie||Northwest Nutrition Service, Inc.||503-653-7626 |
|The Dalles||Northwest Nutrition Services, Inc.||503-653-7626|
|Lincoln County||Northwest Nutrition Services, Inc.||503-653-7626|
|Yamhill County||Northwest Nutrition Services, Inc.||503-653-7626|
|Salem||Nutrition First ||503-581-7563 |
|Tillamook||Nutrition First ||503-581-7563 |
|Lincoln County||Nutrition First||503-581-7563|
|Yamhill County||Nutrition First||503-581-7563|
|Coos Bay||Oregon Child Development Coalition||541-770-5893|
|La Grande||Oregon Child Development Coalition||541-770-5893|
|Medford||Oregon Child Development Coalition||541-770-5893|