The major goals of the Plant Health Program are to:
- Protect Oregon's agricultural industries, environment, and quality of life from damaging plant pathogens and parasites
- Enhance the marketability of Oregon's agricultural and horticultural products by providing official field inspections and laboratory testing for phytosanitary certification
- Diagnostic services for plant pests and diseases.
- Official field inspections and laboratory testing for Oregon’s specialty seed, grass seed, and nursery industries.
- Ornamental and fruit tree virus certification and official virus testing.
- Surveys to establish pest-free status for Oregon or for specific regions or counties.