The 2019 Oregon Fire Code is effective November 15, 2019.
Phase In Period
: For the purposes of new construction plan review only, a phase-in period was implemented for the 2019 Oregon Fire Code, the 2014 Oregon Fire Code remained in adoption for a period of 90-days beginning October 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2019. During the 90-day phase-in period noted above, new construction plan review was completed to either the 2014 Oregon Fire Code or the 2019 Oregon Fire Code as directed by the local building and fire code officials.
- Need access to the new Oregon Fire Code?
This code is founded on principles intended to establish provisions consistent with the scope of a fire code that adequately protects public health, safety and welfare; provisions that do not unnecessarily increase construction costs; provisions that do not restrict the use of new materials, products or methods of construction; and provisions that do not give preferential treatment to particular types or classes of materials, products or methods of construction.
Click here to register for our free Oregon Fire Code update class (live training)
Registration deadline is one week prior to class date.
- The OSFM is hosting this training on the Oregon amendments to the International Fire Code
- The class introduces fire chiefs, fire marshals, fire inspectors and building officials to the new OFC provision, awareness of fire code official's responsibilities and interaction with the Oregon Fire Code.
- This course will meet the continuing education requirements for maintenance of certification through the Competency Recognition Program required with every code cycle.
- Please register using our link, pre-registration is required to attend this free training.
- Class times are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; class location information below.
PORTLAND AREA //. . . . CLASS COMPLETED . . . Thank you to Clackamas Fire Dist #1 for hosting
SALEM AREA // Wed February 19 . . . . . REGISTRATION CLOSED . . . . . Address . . . . DPSST - Hall of Heroes . . . . . . 4190 Aumsville Hwy, Salem OR 97317
SOUTHERN OREGON // . . . . . . . . . . . . . REGISTRATION FULL . . .
CENTRAL OREGON // Wed March 25 . . . . . Seats Available 21 of 40 . . Address . . . . Bend Fire Department. . . . . North Fire Station 305 . . . .63377 NE Jamison St, Bend OR 97701
EASTERN OREGON // . . . . Wed April 15 . . . . .Seats Available 19 of 25 . . Address . . . La Grande Fire Department Training Room . . . . . 1806 Cove Ave, La Grande OR 97850
CENTRAL COAST / / . . . . . . . Mon May 11 . . . . .Seats available 37 of 70 . . Address . . . . .744 SW Elizabeth St, Newport OR 97365 (In coordination with OFMA Conference / not required to attend conference)