The 2019 Oregon Fire Code is effective November 15, 2019.
Phase In Period
: For the purposes of new construction plan review only, a phase-in period was implemented for the 2019 Oregon Fire Code, the 2014 Oregon Fire Code remained in adoption for a period of 90-days beginning October 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2019. During the 90-day phase-in period noted above, new construction plan review was completed to either the 2014 Oregon Fire Code or the 2019 Oregon Fire Code as directed by the local building and fire code officials.
- Need access to the new Oregon Fire Code?
This code is founded on principles intended to establish provisions consistent with the scope of a fire code that adequately protects public health, safety and welfare; provisions that do not unnecessarily increase construction costs; provisions that do not restrict the use of new materials, products or methods of construction; and provisions that do not give preferential treatment to particular types or classes of materials, products or methods of construction.
Click here to register for our free Oregon Fire Code update class (live training)
Registration deadline is one week prior to class date.
- The OSFM is hosting this training on the Oregon amendments to the International Fire Code
- The class introduces fire chiefs, fire marshals, fire inspectors and building officials to the new OFC provision, awareness of fire code official's responsibilities and interaction with the Oregon Fire Code.
- This course will meet the continuing education requirements for maintenance of certification through the Competency Recognition Program required with every code cycle.
- Please register using our link, pre-registration is required to attend this free training.
- Class times are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; class location information below.
PORTLAND AREA // Wed February 12 . . . . . Seats Available . . 23 of 50 . . . . Address . . .Clackamas Fire Dist #1 . . . . . . Happy Valley Community Room . . . . . 9339 SE Causey Ave, Happy Valley OR, 97086
SALEM AREA // Wed February 19 . . . . . Seats Available . . 69 of 75 . . . . . Address . . . . DPSST - Hall of Heroes . . . . . . 4190 Aumsville Hwy, Salem OR 97317
SOUTHERN OREGON // Wed March 4 . . . . . . Seats Available . . 18 of 20 . . . . Address . . . Jackson County FD#3 . . . 8383 Agate Rd, White City OR 97503
CENTRAL OREGON // Wed March 25 . . . . . Seats Available 40 . . Address . . . . Bend Fire Department. . . . . North Fire Station 305 . . . .63377 NE Jamison St, Bend OR 97701
EASTERN OREGON // . . . . Wed April 15 . . . . .Seats Available 22 of 25 . . Address . . . La Grande Fire Department Training Room . . . . . 1806 Cove Ave, La Grande OR 97850
CENTRAL COAST / / . . . . . . .Mon May 11 . . . . .Seats available 73 . . Address . . . . .744 SW Elizabeth St, Newport OR 97365 (Add-On to OFMA Conference)