Skip to main content

Oregon State Flag An official website of the State of Oregon »

How to Report Abuse

There are four main ways to report abuse or file a complaint related to Oregon Youth Authority youth or staff. Resources to report are available to youth, staff, and community members.

1. Call the OYA Reporting Line: 1-800-315-5440
Youth may call the reporting line, or others may call on the youth's behalf.
You will be asked to leave a message. Leave your name, phone number, location and info about the issue. If you choose to remain anonymous, please still leave as much detail as possible.

NOTE: We only check messages Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and not on holidays.

2. Youth can talk to or send a letter to an adult they trust. 
This could be a:
  • counselor or QMHP
  • juvenile parole/probation officer (JPPO)
  • group life coordinator (GLC)
  • living unit manager or case coordinator
  • nurse
  • teacher
  • police officer
  • parent, guardian or foster parent
  • chaplain or minister
  • volunteer
  • teacher or coach
  • attorney
  • residential program staff
3. Turn in a grievance form.
4. Write a letter to the Governor's Office for Constituent Services.
This office is not part of OYA. They also accept reports of abuse:
Governor's Constituent Services Office
900 Court St. Suite 254
Salem, OR 97301

Not Ready to Report Yet?

If you want to talk with someone, but you're not ready to file an official report, you can connect with victim advocates in the community for emotional support.

These advocates are not mandatory reporters. That means if you tell them about abuse, they are not required to report it to authorities.

In OYA facilities: The name and number of the local victim advocate is posted in every living unit.

In the community: The Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence can help you find an advocate.
Phone: 503-230-1951

Youth Safety Guide

Check out our youth safety guide to learn more about:

  • What is abuse
  • How to report abuse
  • What happens when you report abuse
  • Ways to stay safe
Youth Safety Guide - English

Ways to Report Abuse flyers

These bilingual flyers include local victim advocate contact information specific to the facilty or camp. 

Camp Florence

Camp Riverbend

Eastern Oregon YCF

MacLaren YCF

Oak Creek YCF / JWTP

Rogue Valley YCF

Tillamook YCF / Camp Tillamook