Only principal brokers and property managers apply for a registered business name (RBN).
Before you apply for an RBN
- Close any RBN you are leaving if there is no other principal broker or property manager with the business.
- Register the new business with the Secretary of State, if applicable.
- Complete the affiliate or subsidiary form if you will have more than one RBN with the Agency.
Steps to apply for an RBN
- Log into your personal license account in eLicense to register the business with the Agency.
Pay a total of $310 in eLicense: $300 RBN application fee and $10 license transfer fee.
Allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Identify the responsible principal broker or property manager who will maintain the registration, including renewal.
- Provide the physical address of the business, which must be in Oregon.
- Attach competed affiliate or subsidiary form, if needed.
The Agency will send an email when registration is complete. Then you can add or transfer licensees into your new business and open clients' trust accounts.