Only principal brokers and property managers apply for a registered business name (RBN).
Before you apply for an RBN
- Close any RBN you are leaving if there is no other principal broker or property manager with the business.
- Register the new business with the Secretary of State, if applicable.
- Complete the affiliate or subsidiary form if you will have more than one RBN with the Agency.
Steps to apply for an RBN
- Log into your personal license account in eLicense to register the business with the Agency.
- Click on the "Online Services" tab, and then select "Registered Business Name Application" under Business Actions.
Pay a total of $310 in eLicense: $300 RBN application fee and a $10 license transfer fee for adding your license to the business.
Allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Identify the responsible principal broker or property manager who will maintain the registration, including renewals.
- Provide the physical address of the business, which must be in Oregon.
- Attach completed affiliate or subsidiary form, if needed.
The Agency will send an email when the registration is processed. Then you can add or transfer other licensees into your new business and open clients' trust accounts.